Pinstone is a leading B2B PR agency and we are recruiting a technical content manager to write, edit and proof technical livestock outputs for our national portfolio of sector-leading animal health, nutrition and welfare clients.
The candidate for this position will have a background, or a demonstrable interest, in the livestock sector. They will have experience of working in a communications or similar role and an understanding of the external landscape in the specialist sector area. This is a mid-senior role, so the right candidate will need to have a confident disposition, and enjoy getting under the skin of complex topics and be able to produce content with accuracy and creative flair.
Working within a team of 24, this role will report to account director level, and will be supported by a team of five account executives. Therefore, strong interpersonal skills are vital, alongside a ‘can do’ attitude.
Career development is strongly supported, and we are keen to nurture our employees in whichever way they choose to learn, whilst continuing to align to our business needs.
- As a technical content manager, the role will entail the development of outputs of a technical nature for clients, it will also include proof reading and editing outputs produced by the Pinstone team.
- Responsibilities include:
- Development of outputs, including editorial and digital content, meeting client briefs
- Copywriting for newsletters, websites and other marketing materials
- Managing interviews with commentators and approval processes with clients and commentators to sign off outputs
- Editing outputs produced by the Pinstone team
- Proof reading outputs
- Understanding communications strategies and adapting content accordingly
- Generation of content ideas for all output streams
- Adding value to client campaigns, showcasing a depth of comms and industry knowledge
- Flexibility to deliver work across wider farming and environment sectors is a key advantage
- Media relations (traditional, online and broadcast)
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Mentoring and nurturing editorial and copywriting skills within the Pinstone team
Experience and skills:
- Must have editorial experience, including generation of copy for media and media relations
- A passion for the livestock industry
- Previous agency experience would be an asset
- Sound understanding of PR tactics including both media and digital landscapes
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced agency environment
- An action-oriented focus
- Requires exceptional time management, organisational and people skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Relationships with the key agricultural media would be advantageous
- Salary: £28,000 – £35,000 (pro-rata) (experience depending) plus company performance-linked bonus
- 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays, with an additional +1 day for each year of service (pro-rata & capped)
Private health care
- Learning and development target of 52 hours/year – supported by generous training budget
- Annual off-site social
- 3% pension contribution
- Funded membership to a relevant industry association
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Pinstone is a creative, responsive and forward-thinking PR agency specialising in agriculture, the food and farming supply chain and land-based industries. Company values centre around our team being energised by ambition, integrity, and results, while promising to be the very best we can be, whether working from home or in the Leominster office. This was evidenced in this year’s employee survey where 100% of employees said that Pinstone was a great place to work and business growth that’s averaged 20% since 2014.
As an agency that has professional development at its core, it is fitting that Pinstone has secured Communications Agency of the Year at the British Renewable Energy Awards, PR Campaign of the Year at the British Guild of Agricultural Journalists awards, and has won a runner-up Rural Business Award for Best Creative/ Media Agency, and two VMA Awards for outstanding PR campaigns. In 2022, the agency was ranked 19th in the top 150 B2B PR Week Top 150.
Pinstone is currently working towards B-Corp accreditation to showcase our team’s commitment to people, planet and profit.