Pinstone is a leading B2B PR agency, and we are recruiting a senior pr and communications account manager to manage our renewable, energy and environment-focussed clients.
The candidate for this position will have a background, or a demonstrable interest, in the energy, renewables or environmental sectors. They will have experience of working in a communications or similar role and an understanding of the external landscape in the specialist sector areas. This is a mid-senior, client facing role, so the right candidate will need to have a confident disposition, and enjoy getting under the skin of complex topics and new projects.
Working within a team of 24, this role will report to associate director level, and will be supported by account executives. Therefore, strong interpersonal skills and experience in teamwork are vital, alongside a ‘can do’ attitude.
Career development is strongly supported, and we are keen to nurture our employees in whichever way they choose to learn, whilst continuing to align to our business needs.
As a senior pr and communications account manager, the role will entail the management of Pinstone’s renewable, energy and environmental clients. Therefore, knowledge of these sectors is key.
- Day-to-day management of a portfolio of clients (approximately four), to deliver planned activity with support offered in strategic insight and account direction.
- The timely management of all client outputs, including editorial, digital content and advertising
Generation of content ideas for all output streams
- Delegation of work to account executives
Day-to-day primary client contact and therefore exceptional interpersonal and decision-making skills are required
- Adding value to client campaigns, showcasing a depth of comms and industry knowledge
- Day-to-day management and liaison to ensure alignment to client budgets
- Proof reading, which requires outstanding attention to detail
- Maintaining a results focused outlook
Experience and skills:
• A strong commercial drive with a ‘can do attitude’
• Must have marketing and/or communications experience
• A passion for the rural industry, specifically in the renewable, energy and environmental sectors
• Previous agency experience would be an asset
• Sound understanding of PR tactics from the PESO model, including both media and digital landscapes
• Competency in breadth of digital communications channels or ability to quickly learn
• Ability to foster strong relationships and gain trust quickly
• Requires a curious mindset to drive client accounts and spot new opportunities
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strategic thinking and an action-oriented focus
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced agency
• Requires exceptional time management, organisational and people skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes and social media platforms
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 (experience depending) plus company performance-linked bonus
- 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays, with an additional +1 day for each year of service (capped)
- Private health care
- Flexible home working policy
- Learning and development target of 52 hours/year – supported by generous training budget
- Vibrant office environment
- Annual off-site social
- 3% pension contribution
- Funded membership to a relevant industry association
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pinstone is a creative, responsive and forward-thinking PR agency specialising in agriculture, the food and farming supply chain and land-based industries. Company values centre around our team being energised by ambition, integrity, and results, while promising to be the very best we can be, whether working from home or in the Leominster office. This was evidenced in this year’s employee survey where 100% of employees said that Pinstone was a great place to work and business growth that’s averaged 20% since 2014.
As an agency that has professional development at its core, it is fitting that Pinstone has secured Communications Agency of the Year at the British Renewable Energy Awards, PR Campaign of the Year at the British Guild of Agricultural Journalists awards, and has won a runner-up Rural Business Award for Best Creative/ Media Agency, and two VMA Awards for outstanding PR campaigns. In 2022, the agency was ranked 19th in the top 150 B2B PR Week Top 150.
Pinstone is currently working towards B-Corp accreditation to showcase our team’s commitment to people, planet and profit.