There are methods you can follow to help improve traffic on your website. Here are our top three ways that will help you attract more people to your site.
Google My Business
If you’re unaware of what Google My Business is then you’re already a huge step behind your competitors. GMB is a free, online service that is there to help you promote your agricultural business in the online market.
Google My Business lets you take control of how you want your business to appear in the online market and helps you stand out in an already-saturated market.
If you want your website to be recognized by Google then having a Google My Business set up and ready to go is a sure way to achieve it. GMB is an essential part of running an online business and you won’t regret setting one up.
The chances are there’s probably already a GMB listing for your business and you just need to claim it and edit it to your liking. Simply search the name of your company on Google and see if a listing comes up. If it’s there, claim it as yours and wait for Google to send you a letter of confirmation or confirmation over the phone.
Once you’ve confirmed the business is yours, you’re good to go. You can begin editing your page and adding any information that you think is necessary. You can add contact information, images of your business, your opening hours and a simple bio about your company.
If there doesn’t seem to be a listing there then you will need to make your own. Head on over to Google My Business and simply press ‘Start Now’.
GMB can help you improve your business in a lot of ways but it’s mostly used to improve your search engine optimization (SEO). This will help you not only raise the ranking of your business on Google but also attract more customers to your website.
You can also use Google My Business to interact with your audience via reviews and feedback that they’ve left on your profile. It’s also a brilliant way to keep your audience updated on any changes that occur with your company’s opening or closing times.
If you have yet to claim your Google My Business then you’re missing out on the perfect (free!) opportunity to attract more customers into your business and gain more traffic on your website.
Improve Your Social Media
If your company doesn’t have a strong social media presence then this is an amazing opportunity to promote yourself online. Social media is a huge influence on customers and is the perfect way to reach a large portion of your audience and promote your new products or services.
It’s not enough to just have a social media profile though, you need to be able to optimize it and get the most out of it. Not using your social media accounts can be damaging to your business – even more damaging than not having one at all.
An empty social media account can create a negative reputation for your business. If your pages are all blank it can make your business look neglected and out of touch with the ever-evolving agricultural industry.
Try using our checklist below to ensure that you improve your social presence online and attract more customers to your company.
- Make sure all your information is consistent across all of your social media accounts and matches up with the information on your website. Outdated information will make your company look unprofessional and you could lose out on a lot of potential customers by having the wrong contact information down.
- Keep up to date with what is happening within the agricultural industry. This can include events, new products and new technology. You can do this by checking social media to see what your competitors are posting about and you can check what’s trending in the agricultural industry.
- Keep posting content regularly. This will help you keep the attention and interest of your audience and let them know what you’re up to. You can keep them updated on any new services or products you might have coming out as well as special offers to encourage people to buy your products.
- Only share relevant content – your audience followed you to keep up with the ag industry. If you post content that isn’t of relevance then your followers will most likely unsubscribe and look elsewhere.
Optimize Your Website Content
Having a Google My Business listing as well as a strong social media presence is a great way to attract new customers to your business. However, you can attract even more customers to your website if you focus on producing high-quality content (like blogging) on your site.
Content is king and it always will be which is why you need to write good content to attract more customers to your website.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind when writing new content for your website:
- Know your audience:
Keep things relevant to your target audience so they stay interested in your content.
- Write short simple sentences:
People have short attention spans nowadays so writing short simple sentences will keep them engaged for longer.
- Use an active voice in your pieces:
The active voice will create a clearer image of what you’re trying to say to your customer and make it easier for them to understand.
- Write relevant content for the industry:
There isn’t any point in writing content if it isn’t relevant to the agricultural industry or your company. Customers won’t read it if they don’t have any interest in it.
- Mix up your word choices:
Mixing up your word choices will make your content more interesting to read and your audience won’t get as bored.
- Make your text scannable:
By making your text scannable you can keep the attention of your customer for longer. You can do this by adding white space around your walls of text or by incorporating other media into your posts like pictures and graphs.
and we will try our best to answer your queries.